If you’re always on the go like me, then you are constantly transferring items from one bag to another. Whether I’m going to class, work, shopping, out in the city or to hang out with friends I am always swapping out my purse and its contents. Other than the essential wallet (gotta have some $$ on you at all times) and set of keys, here are 5 essential things that I keep in my purse to help my day-to-day schedule run smoother:
1. Revlon “Just Bitten” lip balm & stain – I love their “Adore” shade because it’s an easy lip application for when I’m running out the door and can be doubled as a cheek tint when I don’t have time to do my make up
2. L’Occitane hand cream – this one is in cherry blossom and it’s my favorite scent! East coast weather makes my hands dry so a little drop of this every few hours helps keep my hands smooth and healthy
3. Gum/Mints – my friends and I always spontaneously go out for lunches or dinners so having a few of these bad boys on hand is a must when we’re not stopping off at home before our next destination
4. Roll-on or sample size perfume – my perfume scent is identifiable and important and I love when people compliment me on it! (Who doesn’t want to smell good all the time, right?) While most companies sell roll-on versions of their bottled fragrance, a sample size from Sephora is perfect to stow away in a purse for a last minute spray. *These are also great for when you’re trying out a new scent. My current scent of choice: Chloé Eau de Parfum
5. A good pen – I often find myself wishing I could jot something down or there are never enough pens/receipts at lunch. Sure, we all have iPhones now to collect thoughts or ideas throughout the day but you never know when you’ll need to endorse a check or sign a card!