This past month was one of lots of cooking and, most recently, baking. At Thanksgiving I shared my pumpkin cheesecake recipe with you all and this week I altered the ingredients to make a peppermint chocolate swirled cheesecake. It’s never too late for one last holiday treat!
Follow the same recipe as the pumpkin cheesecake but switch out the vanilla extract for peppermint, pumpkin for melted semi-sweet chocolate and then top with broken up candy canes or peppermint bark. The result is sweet, minty and delicious!
What you’ll need:
– 1 sleeve of whole graham crackers (or 1 cup of pre-crushed graham crackers)
– 1 handful of pecans (for crust, optional)*
– 1 cup of melted semi-sweet chocolate morsels
– 2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese (un-whipped) at room temperature
– 1/3 cup of melted butter
– 3/4 cups of white sugar
– 1 tsp. peppermint extract
– 3 large eggs
– 3/4 tsp. of cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg
– 9 inch springform pan
Happy New Year!